Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girl, 8, Choked by Man, 33, In Public Restroom
(05-17-2016, 10:42 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Actually, there is only enough information in your stories to say the Canadian one was someone pretending to be trans to not raise red flags. Dressing in drag is not claiming to be transgender. And on the first one, was the person actually presenting as a woman, or just claiming to be so after the fact? I ask because even if someone is a transwoman, if they walk into a women's restroom they will raise red flags if they are not presenting as a woman. And, since trans people live their lives as the gender with which they identify a guy walking into the women's restroom with a beard and a flat chest (well, maybe they have moobs) should set off red flags, and I would support anyone that would question them on it. But this all takes an understanding of what trans is, and as I've said before a lot of the issues raised are being raised from a position of ignorance.

And the last one has nothing at all to do with transgender bathroom issues. So I;m not sure why that was there.

The Oregon or Washington one, can't remember which state, was just a dude claiming that the law allowed him, as a dude, into whatever bathroom he wanted to be in. It's more likely he was engaging in his own form of civil disobedience in protest of the law. 

As you have said, there's a difference between dressing in drag to pass off as a woman to then commit a crime and pretending to be trans. If you were pretending to be trans, you're still presenting yourself as someone biologically male who is identifying as a woman. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Girl, 8, Choked by Man, 33, In Public Restroom - BmorePat87 - 05-17-2016, 11:03 AM