Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should the Bengals change scheme wise?
My thoughts on this thread.

-Everyone wants our TE's to run deep seam routes and do catch the ball deep down the field. I completely agree, but I don't think Coach Hayes knows what the 'seam' is.

- Double sets with Gio/Hill. Not a bad idea, and nice for some plays here and there. I think it would work well if we shifted Gio out 80% of the time in such a formation. If we did this, I think defenses would blitz the crap out of us and hope Dalton makes a mistake.

- The guy that wanted to incorporate more check down passes. I agree, but we need to be more creative in how our players get to our check downs. If you can remember the Colts debacle from last year (regular season), they blew us up on every checkdown/screen. I would actually prefer more fake screens.

What I would like to see is more of Sanu in the short passing game. Both years he has played he has been forced into an outside role, when he is much more suited for an inside one. --WTS Marvin and Sanu have switched off each year and I am excited to see what the team looks like with both on the field at the same time. Although, if trends continue, Sanu will be injured and Marvin will play the whole year.

ONE HUGE THING for me, is less short slants to AJ. Dear GOD it may be how I start every Madden game, but we really need to stop the 5 yard slant to AJ, when does it ever turn into something good? Usually its a Haden pick 6, or a broken AJ. Less of that please!!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should the Bengals change scheme wise? - GreenCornBengal - 06-26-2015, 10:02 PM