Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today, May 17, 2016: International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
(05-19-2016, 12:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: What is the "rational" reason for discriminating against someone who is gay or transgender.?

Not just disagreeing with their lifestyle, but actually trying to deny them rights based solely on if the are gay and how they dress.

Well, off the top of my head, if I'm looking for someone to marry, I'm not going to look for any gay people. If I'm looking for a pastor of my church and my church believes homosexuality to be a sin, then I'm not going to look for gay people.

You do realize, right, that discrimination alone is not wrong nor bad. We do it all the time in all facets of our life from the TV shows and movies we watch to our secondary+ education to the foods we eat, etc. etc. The REASONS why we discriminate are where things can be wrong. If I'm looking to hire someone, but I immediately only look at black lesbians, yeah, that's wrong. But, if I'm looking for a leader of a divorced dad's support group, well, I'm probably not going to look at married women and that's okay.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Today, May 17, 2016: International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia - PhilHos - 05-19-2016, 12:15 PM