Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today, May 17, 2016: International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
(05-19-2016, 12:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, off the top of my head, if I'm looking for someone to marry, I'm not going to look for any gay people. If I'm looking for a pastor of my church and my church believes homosexuality to be a sin, then I'm not going to look for gay people.

You do realize, right, that discrimination alone is not wrong nor bad. We do it all the time in all facets of our life from the TV shows and movies we watch to our secondary+ education to the foods we eat, etc. etc. The REASONS why we discriminate are where things can be wrong. If I'm looking to hire someone, but I immediately only look at black lesbians, yeah, that's wrong. But, if I'm looking for a leader of a divorced dad's support group, well, I'm probably not going to look at married women and that's okay.

But none of those circumstances are about "rights".

Not "special rights"..."rights".

For example the right to get married and have it recognized by the state.  I know it is (mostly) settled now, but how long were gays denied the same right as any other two, consenting adults for no rational reason?

And for the record just the week one member here said he would fire a male employee if they came in to work dressed as a woman solely because of that and how it "would look" to his customers.

In NC the "bathroom bill" made it legal to fire for just that reason and made it impossible for the fired person to seek legal recourse over it.

Is there a "rational" reason for that?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Today, May 17, 2016: International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia - GMDino - 05-19-2016, 12:27 PM