Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today, May 17, 2016: International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
(05-19-2016, 12:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Just because you disagree with the reason, doesn't make it irrational. Irrational reasoning would have no basis in logic or reason. For example, saying Democrats are evil because the sky is blue would be irrational. To use more common arguments, saying you don't think gays should get married because God has said marriage is for one man and one woman, that's not irrational. That's perfectly logical because there's Biblical evidence to suggest such a thing. You may not believe in God or the Bible, but you can follow the line of thinking.

Saying, gays shouldn't get married because then people will want to marry their pets IS irrational because the line of reasoning falls apart due to, among other reasons, there only being like virtually no one who's wanted to marry their pets, not to mention that there is gay marriage in many states now and still no one pushing to marry their pets.

For all three examples, i can see legitimate rational reasons behind them. That doesn't necessarily make them "right", mind you, but they are not irrational forms of discrimination. And as such, those making those claims are not proven to be homophobes or transphobes.

Is "I don't think two men should get married because I think a being in the sky says it's wrong" a rational reason?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Today, May 17, 2016: International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia - BmorePat87 - 05-19-2016, 12:57 PM