Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion, Sexuality, and the Public Knowledge of such
(05-19-2016, 04:11 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Why, oh why are the Sexuality and Religion of people thrust upon others ?
It seems to me that the world would be a much kinder place, we're these to be kept private.
What is it about forced acceptance that drives people ?
Why is it important that people know which invisible entity/ies you worship, or whom/what you wish to bump your naughty bits against ?
Instead of relying on either of those two things to define oneself , why can't we just concentrate on being decent people who can make the world a better place ?
Sex and Religion are personal matters (yes, I know we discuss them at length here, but we're above the common rabble) and shouldn't be worn like a strong perfume or fanciful plumage that antagonizes the nostrils of the public.
Granted, some religions require appropriate garb and we should respect those who would be ostracized without it, providing they are not attempting to force their beliefs upon you.
But... there just needs to be common sense used.
A Rabbi in full regalia shouldn't go marching through Dearborn, just as a homosexual activist should not be marching through Redneck(Murica)anytown with a dildo suit on.
Why are such things done ?
What is the obsession with forced acceptance?
Is it because of the social media age ?
Is it because so many people lack enough substance to be interesting people and need a crutch ?
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think privacy and humility are important to a sound person.
Then again... maybe I'm a prude ?

(obligatory Ninja)

i love lamp
People suck

Messages In This Thread
RE: Religion, Sexuality, and the Public Knowledge of such - Griever - 05-19-2016, 04:12 PM