Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should the Bengals change scheme wise?
(06-26-2015, 11:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We spend lots of time arguing about what changes the Bengals should make to the roster and coaching staff, but what would you guys like to see them change regarding their schemes.

I know that a lot of people want to see us blitz more on defense, but that is not a big deal to me.  A 4-3 team needs to get pressure from the front four without blitzing.  Plus, even though we had problems getting pressure on the QB last year dropping 7 into coverage worked well enough to make our pass defense the only elite part of our team.

What I would like to see is the offense throw the ball to our TEs down the field more.  We have drafted some good receiving TEs, but we rarely see them throw the ball more than 5 or 10 yards downfield to our TEs.

Use more 2 WR and/or 2 TE sets, use the o line and RB strength, and impose our will on the defense. Bring in a 6th lineman when optimal, and wear out the defense. Mix in play action seam routes to the TE's, and the occasional shot play to Green and Jones. The strength on offense is the line, the backs, and one elite WR. Play to those strengths.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should the Bengals change scheme wise? - t3r3e3 - 06-27-2015, 01:15 AM