Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion
(05-21-2016, 09:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Colorado passed amendment 64 on November 6 2012. This amendment is counter to federal law and they are enforcing it in the form of taxation. 

Regardless how hard people try; the only reason these proposals are at "opposite ends" is because folks like one and don't like the other. Seems like folks are just trying to create "scenarios" to show why they differ. Quick someone hits the violates Human Rights stance. 

All these experts and no one has answered my initial question of: If a state wanted to challenge Roe v. Wade what steps would it take. I have received one answer of "they can't"; I'm just going to need a couple people to affirm that and then we can contact Oklahoma.   
The court decides what it wants to hear. A state can't make the scotus take a case. And it does hear abortion cases. I think there was one they started back in march. Normally they dont seek to define whether or not abortion is legal like roe v wade, and I'd be surprised if any court does take on a case that would.

Oklahoma can't challenge roe vs wade, but it can continue to pass abortion laws which the scotus can continue to say are or aren't constitutional.

Colorado and other states haven't had much about pot going before the court. If they did, there might be a change in drug schedules. But right now this is just the executive branch of the federal not enforcing something passed by the legislative branch. That could change. The judicial branch decision with abortion is something the executive branch could ignore. Trump with his flip flopping might or might not, and I doubt Clinton would.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion - Benton - 05-21-2016, 10:23 AM