Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion
(05-22-2016, 02:04 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I was going to ask the same question as Dino. I assumed you had some good logic here, but, honestly, I don't see any. Avoid the snark, too, because it honestly isn't good logic.

I see the motive behind the snark is that you think Dino is a bit slow for not realizing we're not discussing individual choice, we're discussing the will of the majority being forced on the minority. I may be speaking out of line here, but it seems pretty clear that Nati was indeed talking about individual choice.

In fact, lets look at his following post

There's no point Pat.  He'll just alter his approach when he's shown to be taken the wrong one...again.

He wants to know how states can legally fight Roe v Wade.

He was told.

Now he wants to compare that to states legalizing marijuana.  

States can try and pass laws that override federal laws.  The federal government can then try and break them.

Which was the same answer...but not what he wants.

It's just riding the trolling-go-round until he gets bored, calls everyone who disagrees slow or "not very bright" (at least not as bright as him) or "he didn't mean / say that" and then changes the topic again.

OK did the only thing they could...pass a law that will be shot down in court after court.  But they riled up the base (Larry) and they get people to think they actually care about children when all they care about are votes.

And if President Drumpf decides he won't enforce the new OK law?  Someone will bring a suit against it...which will probably happen right after it gets signed into law.  If it does.

Which hasn't happened in legalized weed states to the best of my knowledge.  (And I'm kind of slow I've been told.)

A better comparison would have been gay marriage.

State after state passed laws to prevent it.  It was fought in court.  And in the end the states were wrong based on the law...not which religion they belong to or which group they want to vote for them or who was in the majority.

But as Nati said:  Comparing the laws against abortion to the laws for weed is...well...something someone who says how smart they are shouldn't do.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion - GMDino - 05-22-2016, 08:53 AM