Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion
(05-22-2016, 10:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said early when SSF and I were having a rational comment on the matter: I am not all or nothing on abortions. You could even take it back a step further than the morning after pill and say I must be against contraception. The morning after pill is a viable compromise.

Once again you are letting your personal opinion on the matter cloud the function that OK is employing. If the majority of their state wants abortions to be illegal then the majority rules. Someone that doesn't want the child growing inside them may be burdened with the inconvenience of travelling out of state to have it legally destroyed. 

As to adoption: we have made inquiries. I have a co-worker that has 2. My youngest just left the nest and we have adequate resources to provide a loving safe environment. The only think stopping me from proceeding is age.  

This may be a better discussion for another thread, but most of the adoption processes I have seen are cost prohibitive as well. At least for us. We're not at a point where we would be able to financially support a child, bit even beyond that, the cost for adoption is high. Again, just my observations. We have looked into it because a natural child for us would be genetically ******.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion - Belsnickel - 05-22-2016, 10:38 AM