Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are The Steelers Ranked Ahead of Us?
(05-14-2016, 08:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Every power ranking that I've seen since the draft has the Steelers ranked ahead of us.

I realize that every media outlet kisses their asses, but how is that even possible?!  We had a great draft; they had a shitty draft.  We should have beat them in the playoffs but they were saved by fumble when the game was all-but-over and then a no-call of a coach illegally being on the field.  We get our QB back, who was having an MVP-like season before he was hurt in the second game against them.  Their secondary is horrible and mostly either aging or young and not good.

People will say "we had to play most of the season without Bell, and he's one of the best backs in the league!"   Rolleyes You only lost three games without him last year, with one of them being to Baltimore (who is horrible, but still swept you), and we beat you in the playoffs with our back-up QB until you cheated.

How are the Steelers ranked ahead of us?!

Until our Bengals can get over the label of the 'one and done' playoff team, they really won't be looked at as being an AFCN favorite any year. I've seen many analysts even put Baltimore ahead of us, and they had an absolutely dreadful year last year (assuming they bounce back to par). Good teams bounce back and don't have the mental breakdowns, which the Ravens and Steelers have proven. Once the Bengals can prove they have some composure, they will most likely be looked at an AFC heavy weight with their recent success in positioning their roster while maintaining cap space. People keep saying "this year might be the last shot etc. etc..". It really isn't...We are positioning players and an incredible amount of depth at each position and will be just fine for the foreseeable future, but you still have to go out their and win ball games between the ears as well.

I will say that people seem to be overlooking the Bryant absence and the Bell injuries and the affect it will have on the Steelers. With Bryant out - I know Wheaton and Coates will be there too, but they have been pretty big ?s from what I have seen. The Steelers are a totally different offense when you can limit AB touches by double teaming, so unless Wheaton/Coates really disprove me, I don't see the same passing firepower as last year. Yes Bell is back and is a threat out of the backfield from a passing standpoint, but there are only so many leg injuries one can sustain and be the same athlete as the prior year...he could prove me wrong and come out like some kind of super robot, but I don't see Bell being the same player as the 2,000+ total yards '14 version...

Like I mentioned in a prior thread, All three power teams in the AFCN will have a realistic shot at the division title IMO. The Browns, maybe they can get to a 6-10 season, but I even doubt that (vegas has them at 4.5 right now).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Are The Steelers Ranked Ahead of Us? - mroudfly - 05-22-2016, 11:22 PM