Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, people who love Vigil hate Billings, right?
(05-24-2016, 04:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My point is, the people who laugh at the Pundits for not recognizing Vigil's greatness, as they only rated him a 4th to 5th round prospect, are often the same people who praise the Billings pick because the all knowing Pundits had him as a first round pick.

Logically, there should be two camps of Bengals fans. Those that trust the pundits and agree that Billings was a great pick and Vigil was a bad pick and those that don't trust the pundits and think that Vigil is great in spite of his bad reviews by pundits, but are also worried about the reasons why Billings fell (I.E. Clearly the pundits overrated him.)

But loving the pundit eval of Billings and hating the pundit eval of Vigil just looks like classic "cherry picking" of when the pundits are spot on (Billings) and when they have no idea what they're talking about (Vigil).

we wont know for about 3-4 years if the pundits are right all we know now is other teams either didn't have a need at DT or went another direction.

Billings did have some negatives such as being a 2 down player and not much of a pass rusher.     

Which is fine for us as we need a run stuffing block holding DT and we have pass rushers.  But those flags combined with his extremely young age (possible maturity issues) is most likely the reason he fell.  Happens to some players every year

Vigil I cant say I knew he even existed till we drafted him.. But gotta trust our coaches and draft strategy.

I actually like our 7th rounder a lot I know hes a long shot but that dude seems a perfect gunner for special teams.  and could possible grow into the hybrid LB/S role    as he supposedly isn't great at coverage on the backend.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, people who love Vigil hate Billings, right? - XenoMorph - 05-24-2016, 04:31 PM