Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salon.com once again promoting pedos.
(05-24-2016, 09:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You jump around a lot to try and find a point that can stick. First this was me explaining that no one dictate's another person's sexuality, it's innate. Then it turned to you suggesting that a child should be able to be legally seen as an adult simply because they feel mature and also because we allow people to identify as a gender that does not match their birth sex. Now we're discussing protecting children from predators posing as trans people as a reason why trans bathroom laws aren't good. That's fine, but it's a totally different topic from discussing the fact that no one gives a kid the right to choose their sexuality, their sexuality is innate. 

However, if you're then going to compare anti trans bathroom laws to laws regulating child safety, I'm going to call shenanigans on it or at least ask to to consider other laws that will use the same warped logic. When we make laws regarding sexual consent or laws regarding mandatory schooling or laws regarding child welfare and parenting, we are making laws directly about the child. That's not the case with a trans bathroom law. If we use that logic, I am going to suggest you support banning all guns because a kid could be shot by one if someone abused gun ownership...

I also didn't call your opinion on trans bathroom laws "stupid". I said your little "don't identify with their birth age", which was an attempt to connect laws regulating the age of consent or adulthood to trans laws, was stupid. It is. It's really ***** stupid. 

As to this question

A child can neither change their sex nor change their age. They can identify as the gender that is associated with the sex opposite of their birth sex, but they will always possess either 2 X chromosomes or an X and a Y. Can they disagree with their sex and age? Sure, but they'll be wrong. 

You may want to ask "why should a minor be allowed to disagree with the gender associated with their birth sex, but not their biological age?"

The answer? Because our gender is our choice. Gender is a social construct ingrained in us through our socialization process. They are the only person who can know whether or not they identify with it. While time may be a construct, our age is something that cannot be changed. It is what it is. Our maturity is a different thing...

So by your words: a Trans is being discriminated of because of their Gender, not because of their sex. But a child is not being discriminated against because we shouldn't consider maturity because "protection". 

Lots of talking in circles; we'll just leave it as I cannot comprehend to logic of the liberal.  I'm more of a black and white type; especially when it comes to children. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Salon.com once again promoting pedos. - bfine32 - 05-24-2016, 09:59 PM