Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, people who love Vigil hate Billings, right?
(05-24-2016, 04:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My point is, the people who laugh at the Pundits for not recognizing Vigil's greatness, as they only rated him a 4th to 5th round prospect, are often the same people who praise the Billings pick because the all knowing Pundits had him as a first round pick.

Logically, there should be two camps of Bengals fans. Those that trust the pundits and agree that Billings was a great pick and Vigil was a bad pick and those that don't trust the pundits and think that Vigil is great in spite of his bad reviews by pundits, but are also worried about the reasons why Billings fell (I.E. Clearly the pundits overrated him.)

But loving the pundit eval of Billings and hating the pundit eval of Vigil just looks like classic "cherry picking" of when the pundits are spot on (Billings) and when they have no idea what they're talking about (Vigil).

I'm not in either camp. Vigil might work out. Billings might work out. Or not.

Just because our coaches and scouts liked Vigil more than the fans doesn't mean squat. They liked Hunt and Clarke and others who turned out to be overdrafted non-performers.

I wouldn't take any of it personally. There were fans who thought Hunt was going to be the second coming of JJWatt simply because they heard a few good things. Now we're sitting here 3 years later going "how in hell did the coaches whiff on so badly with a 2nd round selection?"

People behave the same way with the politicians they vote for. Even though we haven't had a President better than scum sucking bad in three decades, people will defend their vote with all sorts of non-sense and idiotic meaningless data.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, people who love Vigil hate Billings, right? - BengalChris - 05-24-2016, 10:19 PM