Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are The Steelers Ranked Ahead of Us?
(05-25-2016, 04:43 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Except that QB2 played better than QB1 in his two games. Averaged more points, more yards, and a higher QB rating. 

And if we're playing the excuse game, the first meetings was Bens first game back after missing 4 starts with a knee injury. Clearly rusty that game it was one of his worst of the season. 

The starting QB of an NFL team not playing is pretty critical, wouldn't you say? I don't think you want Michael Vick/Landry Jones playing right? And yes, Andy played his worst game of the year against the Steelers, and Ben played horrible too. In the end the Bengals still won...Not sure if you are trying to say the AJM is better than AD? While AD's game seemed somewhat fluky that day, Ben wasn't the same last year as he has been...16 int. (high for him), and at least a quarter of those against the Bengals. He's getting slower and has always been injury prone. Is he a first ballot HOFer? I think so. But age catches up, and the Steelers can no long PLAN on relying on Big Ben. He showed last year that he can make some absolutely horrific decisions, and isn't as mobile as he used to be.

I do think your defense will be much improved next year with Cam developing into a star, and some of the younger talent filling in roles, but I just cannot see the Steelers offense matching what it did in say 2014. Maybe they don't need it with the development in the defense and a very solid front 7, but your secondary still doesn't scare anyone in the slightest, and it is a passing first league.

Regardless of "who was better last year" argument, I'm pretty excited to watch the Bengals/Pitt matchups this year (hopefully both with healthy teams), and even the Ravens popping their head in to see what is going on up top.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Are The Steelers Ranked Ahead of Us? - mroudfly - 05-25-2016, 06:06 AM