Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding Marriage Equality, I'm Proud of the American People
(06-27-2015, 03:17 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The first thing that I thought when I heard that homosexual Americans would now have the right to marry was a happy, good for them, equality won, type of feeling.  The second thing was: "Man, it's gonna be fun to watch conservatives freak out over this.".  

I haven't seen it though.  I've seen a negative post or two on Facebook regarding the issue, but for the most part, all I've seen is love and acceptance.  Even some of the more conservative people that I know have chimed in to say "congrats", and the majority of my Facebook feed has been a rainbow since yesterday morning.

I'm happy to see it happen that way.  I'm sure that I'll read bitter posts here and there over the next few days and on into the future, but it seems that a good deal of Americans are actually happy with the outcome.  I'm glad that there are more good people around than I had previously assumed.

I think it is because of the negative light that those that opposed SSM are placed.

For instance I made clear if taken to an popular vote that I would vote against the legitimization of SSM; however, my vote did not matter as the Highest Court in the land summarily made the decision. With the decision made all that can be done is accept it.

I will say that I doubt you've heard the last of it.

Contrarily do you think there would have been any "noise" if the decision would have been reversed?

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Regarding Marriage Equality, I'm Proud of the American People - bfine32 - 06-27-2015, 04:10 PM