Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salon.com once again promoting pedos.
(05-26-2016, 05:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Difference between intelligence and education.

Yet, you used other's implied lack of education to insult their intelligence less than 12 hours after you complained about the low intellectual level insults coming from others.  This is a direct quote . . .

(05-26-2016, 01:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's the deal: EVERYBODY in this forum steps over the lines. Many say things about how "low the intellectual level" is of those that disagree with their OPINION. I've said it before: 99% of the people that frequent this forum are intelligent and I can tell you I've learned plenty. No one in this forum is treated unfairly by the mods because of their views. Its just when some are warned they comply and there are others that cannot let it go. No one is forcing anyone to post in this forum.   

I direct your attention to the bold in which you claimed you "learned plenty."  What is learning?  Accumulating knowledge.  What is the process of accumulating "plenty" of knowledge?  Education.  Now what is that word which I underlined?  Intelligent.  Which deals with what?  Intelligence.  In summary, you touched on two topics; intelligence and education.  So why are you telling me there is a difference between intelligence and education when I'm just commenting on the two topics you touched upon?  Shocked

Quote:Also no one was singled out. But thanks for keeping track.

Well, thankfully you meant to insult a group instead of just a single person.  That makes it so much better.

Before I start, I would first like to say the following isn't a comment about the moderation or the moderators enforcing the rules, but the logic behind the rule.

This idea it is okay to insult 1 million people instead of 1 person specifically is completely illogical.

An analogy would be it is better to kill 1 million people with an atomic bomb than 1 person specifically with a handgun because the one million dead wasn't a personal attack while the 1 guy you specifically meant to shoot was personal.

Call me crazy, but I think killing 1 million people impersonally is worse than killing one person personally.  Same with insults.  If I insult one person specifically for a specific reason, I have insulted 999,999 less people than another person who insults 1 million people he doesn't know.  Much less collateral damage.

If you insult 1 million Christians for no other reason than they are Christian that doesn't make it any less insulting to them personally when they are aware of the insult than if you went door to door to insult them one at a time.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Salon.com once again promoting pedos. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-27-2016, 02:42 AM