Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Iverson elected to basketball Hall of Fame
(05-26-2016, 10:50 PM)jason Wrote: I think Iverson was a shooting guard in a PG's body. He could handle the ball with the best of them, but setting guys up to score wasn't his game.  Iverson scored the basketball. That's not to say he didn't make plays for his teammates. I always thought that he got hated on too much for being selfish. He was a great defender for his size, he dunked on guys a foot taller than him, and he led the NBA in scoring. I think he would average 40 in today's game.

100% this. I think he averaged around 6.5 assists/game for his career, so he did distrubute some, but his first priority was to score, and he carried the load for his teams that way. He led the league in scoring 4 times, which is incredible on it's own. But when you consider that he was 6' and 165 lbs, it's just amazing.

Great defender, too.

(05-26-2016, 11:29 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The guy was like Gary Payton to me.

Two smaller guys who had no fear taking the ball inside to score.

Like others mentioned he got the crap beat out of him.

Just a great tenacious player.

One of the few guys who could go toe to toe with Jordan.

You don't see many videos of Jordan getting crossed up. Iverson crossed him and made him look bad.

We're talking one of the best defenders of all-time in MJ. Jordan always seemed more proud of his defense than his offense, and that's saying something.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allen Iverson elected to basketball Hall of Fame - Shake n Blake - 05-27-2016, 08:31 PM