Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salon.com once again promoting pedos.
(05-24-2016, 10:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, the legal justification has been that anti trans laws discriminate on the basis on sex, as in it's saying that a trans woman is being discriminated against because their sex is male. 

A 12 year old is not being discriminated against when they are denied adult status for a variety of legally established reasons, some of which were explained. 

The "logic of liberals" is a nice touch. That and "enough about me" seem to be your go-to's when someone calls out your horseshit talking in circles. 

But he does have a point/question that i haven't seen you address--at least to my eyes. 

I understand both of yours and his position but i'm still wondering. Maybe you have answered and i missed it, or maybe your answer is further in this thread and i'm too lazy to read it all and come back here. 

Laws for minors are in place for their protection. I feel pretty safe in assuming that we all agree on this, given the examples of drinking, relationships, etc etc. My question is, are we protecting minors by allowing them to 'be who they feel they are' at such a young age? The landscape is littered with men and women who experimented at a young age, only to realize that's not who they are once they reached a more mature emotional level/age. Now, before we get into the sexuality/gender debate--since i don't have any solid data on those that felt a different gender when they were younger only to revert when they were older--let's table it for the sake of this...hypothetical. 

Wouldn't it be more beneficial for someone at such a young age to wait a bit longer before making decisions that could effect them in such a drastic way; bullying/murder, suicide, being ostracized by family and friends? We can say, 'you can't drink or have a relationship with someone 3 times your age because it's in your best, long-term interest'...but we can't say, 'you should wait till (x years) before you make this (gender) decision because it's in your best, long-term interest'?

I get the equality argument and i'm on board in most instances. But stretching the equality argument to minors in regard to gender but saying you can't make other decisions, seems hypocritical to me. 

Is asking them to wait a bit really going to effect them in such a negative way? If they've had time to mature and grow emotionally, haven't they made a better decision, regardless of whether it's the way they felt originally felt or not?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Salon.com once again promoting pedos. - rfaulk34 - 05-28-2016, 03:03 PM