Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding Marriage Equality, I'm Proud of the American People
(06-27-2015, 06:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I dont think so. It was legal in a lot of states because they lost court cases.  Most of the time it lost when voted on.

I'm not saying that you are incorrect.  In fact I know that if you were to take a poll in my local area there would have been pretty wide support for SSM.  However I'm aware other parts of this area are much more conservative.  Same thing can be at the state level.  On the national level there was more support for SSM than there was a against it.

I'm not sure how old some of you are, but I know my sons generation is going to look back on this the same way my generation looked back on my parents generation in the 60's and the way minorities were treated.  I'm pretty confident that I'm on the right side of history on this.  And those who fight it or try to justify their opposition to it will eventually be forgotten and/or left behind just like the racists and bigots of the 60's were left behind eventually. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Regarding Marriage Equality, I'm Proud of the American People - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 06-27-2015, 06:51 PM