Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good can the offense be?
(06-27-2015, 04:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Going into the '13 season Eifert, Jones, Sanu, and Bernard had a combined 37 career receptions.  You have to figure thatb if they are all 100% healthy they will be much better than they were in '13.

Also in '13 Zeitler, Boling, and Whitworth all missed games with injury while Kyle Cook was a crippled shell of the player he was before getting injured in '12.  Bodine was not much of an upgrade last year, but I am hoping he improves over his rookie season.

But BY FAR the biggets reason our offense can be better is that we have Hill instead of Green-Ellis.  I was nmot as critical of Green-Ellis as many people here, but he is not in the same class as Hill.

Agreed on all points, but I will add one that I think is vital to Hue's offense:  Tight Ends.

The Bengals showed a small dose of what could be a very difficult offense to defend with Eifert in the first half of game 1 last season.  Gresham is just too inconsistent for me, and apparently, the Bengals.  If Kroft can contribute with even 30 receptions this season, and be solid in his blocking, the TEs of the 2015 squad could be a huge improvement over the 2013 squad.  Although technically an H-back, the Bengals didn't have anyone like Hewitt in 2013, either. 

Combine that with the improvement of your aforementioned offensive line talent (and depth), and you might have this team's best offensive balance perhaps ever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
How good can the offense be? - Bengalholic - 06-27-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: How good can the offense be? - McC - 06-27-2015, 03:34 PM
RE: How good can the offense be? - 3wt - 06-27-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: How good can the offense be? - 3wt - 06-27-2015, 04:12 PM
RE: How good can the offense be? - SHRacerX - 06-27-2015, 08:00 PM