Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will longevity result in Dalton as best Bengals QB ever?
(05-30-2016, 03:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really? We're rehashing the playoff losses AGAIN?

You need to look at EVERYTHING that happened in those losses. Like receivers dropping easy catches like they were hot potatoes (see Gresham, Jermaine and Green, AJ), being beaten like a rented mule on both lines, bizarre coaching decisions (lest we forget the using AJ Green as a decoy for an entire half) and so on. Sorry but the commonality here is the coaches, as this happened twice prior to the Andy era with the same symptoms. For whatever reason when we get to postseason our coaching staff seems to have their brains gushing out of their ears.

So let's just assume Billups doesn't drop that easy INT and Esiason won the Super Bowl in 1988.  Guess he's the best!

(05-30-2016, 06:12 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I agree, for me playoff wins are meaningless, unless you win the last one.  Wayyyyyyy too much credit given to non-SB playoff wins, IMHO.  Playoff wins get you nothing unless you win the last game.

Getting to the playoffs is just as difficult, if not more so, than playoff victories.

You can't win a SB unless you are one of the 12 teams who make the playoffs.

Er...but you can't win a playoff game unless you get to the playoffs.  I think by this point I'd trade 5-straight one-n-dones for 1 or 2 playoff runs that actually involved 1 or more victories.  Let's face it, we haven't even felt a single Bengals playoff run in 25 years so assuming it wouldn't be nearly as gratifying as 5-straight one-n-dones is pure conjecture.

We made the playoffs 7 times in 11 years and won 0 of those games. I'm not sure I can say that I find 7 playoff appearances better than X number of playoff wins and not be talking out of my arse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will longevity result in Dalton as best Bengals QB ever? - Nately120 - 05-31-2016, 03:03 AM