Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Article From Current Player on Drug Use
We do an absolutely horrible job of educating pain patients.. Opiate use is treated as a moral issue when in fact it is absolutely necessary when the pain in your body arises to the level where you can no longer do every day things for yourself and pain as we all know can completely disable people.
Addiction doesn't always come from abuse by people trying to get high .
My father absolutely hates the feeling opiates give him, but he has no choice in the matter. Without them he'd be bed ridden and with them he's on a continual upward spiral of using more and more. He's 87 and has had multiple heart surgeries so a forced withdraw would very likely kill him not to mention leaving him bed ridden if he even survived it.
If you've never had to go through opiate withdraw I certainly don't advise you to try it unless you absolutely have to. Most people who have had to go through it would rather just go ahead and die than have to do it again. It's that painful and miserable. You'll literally feel like your body is melting from the inside out. It brings on the feeling of panic like nothing else I've ever experienced and I've had to go through it in a jail cell more than once and so we get millions of people forced to go through it needlessly when there are alternatives that make weening off of opiates that you have to go to a specialty clinic run by hacks instead of being able to do it with your doctor without the bureaucratic BS. In most states your family doctor cannot even prescribe the drugs that make weening off opiates possible. They can't prescribe methadone or any of the other drugs so if you're addicted you pretty much have to go to a drug treatment facility and submit to all the rules and regulations that makes life miserable and you WILL BE treated just like a criminal regardless of the reasons for becoming addicted in the first place.
Marijuana while helpful is never going to do the job of weening people off of high doses of opiate pain killers. It's a completely different type of reaction inside the human body.
One 'herb' very useful and legal in most states still is kratom.
Real quick...Opioids act by attaching to specific proteins called opioid receptors, which are found in the brain, spinal cord, ... Marijuana doesn't have enough of the necessary ingredients ,but I'm not going to give you a course on phamacology here.. Kratom has the ingredients and it works well. You can buy it over the counter in head shops or much less expensive online and treat opiate addiction at home and yet it's getting a lot of bad press by extremely lazy news organizations who want to label it as the next heroin scurge even though it doesn't give you the same high and it tastes horrible.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good Article From Current Player on Drug Use - grampahol - 05-31-2016, 10:57 AM