Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pedophile Christian Pastors Caught in Child Sex Sting
(05-31-2016, 12:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I presume this was your "impled question":
One has to wonder how long they can claim they're morally right when things like this are being thrust into the public eye with disturbing regularity.

Allow me to 'answer' it. "They" will always claim they're morally right. We're talking about a small segment (that is still far too many) whose actions are inconsistent with what they purportedly believe and supposedly practice. Christianity and its followers claim they're morality not from their own actions and not even from their leaders (Catholic Christians, notwithstanding) but rather from the Bible. Make your claims about the Bible all you want, but the Bible, outside of translations into different languages and modernizing the language, has remained virtually unchanged since its inception.

So, until the Bible is no longer the basis for Christianity morality, then "they" will always claim morality to being on their side.

Yeah that was it.

But bugger to that 'the Bible...has remained unchanged since its inception' is bunk.

I don't remember the King offhand (Henry something....probably Henry VIII) but he had all the parts about prematurely ending marriages removed from the Bible just so he could have an annulment.

And that's just one of the better known situations - how often do you think kings and queens altered the Bible to suit their needs? Do you think their kids would fix it? Now imagine those changes just kind of staying in place for generations - coupled with book burnings - they just kind of stick.

Now unless you can find and decipher every single Dead Sea Scroll (many of which are lost), you can't really say the Bible is now as it was originally written.

Hell the modern Bible is literally called the King James Bible.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedophile Christian Pastors Caught in Child Sex Sting - BigPapaKain - 05-31-2016, 12:21 PM