Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salon.com once again promoting pedos.
(05-30-2016, 11:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When a black person is attacked just because of the color of skin then that puts EVERY person with that color of skin in fear.

No, it doesn't. There may have been a time back in the 50s or 60s when that was true, but not nowadays. Though this might be true of SOME protected classes (i.e. women and gays) even today. But in any event ...

(05-30-2016, 11:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hate crimes are something like terrorism because there are more vistims effected.  Therefore the punishment should be more severe.

ALL crimes affect more than just the victims directly involved. If a home in your neighborhood was burgled (and homeowner and perpetrator were of a different ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation as you), would YOU not be a little more worried? If you heard of a mugging or murder of a black guy on a street you frequent, the next time you found yourself on said street, would YOU not be a little more apprehensive?

I understand what Benton said in his reply to my post, but I'm talking about the exact same crime with just different reasons for them, not different crimes. I can't think of a reason why killing someone in cold blood is somehow worst if your motive was because of their skin color or because you wanted something they had.

I know that as much as we'd like our justice system to not have gray areas, I recognize they exist, but this shouldn't be one of them. If the crime is the same, the punishment should be the same (generally speaking).
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Salon.com once again promoting pedos. - PhilHos - 05-31-2016, 12:37 PM