Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Libertarian Party ticket: two former GOP two-term Governors...
(05-31-2016, 11:49 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I think it's 15% now.  Apparently, the Repub and Dems are very concerned about letting a 3rd party on to the stage.

It would be huge if they can get on stage.  I'd guess about 95% of Americans don't know anything about the Libertarian party, but are going to like a lot of what they hear.

People love to tell me how 3rd parties "can't win" and then I ask how a party that supports guns, weed, freedom, lower taxes, and less pointless war could possibly LOSE.  And the answer is...as long as it is presented to people as a hopeless cause.

The idea that 2016 forces this country to learn about Libertarianism is worth stomaching 4-8 years of the worst president ever.

(05-31-2016, 12:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If you have Gary Johnson on stage, who is very much "Libertarian Lite", you could have enough people warm up to him where he could get 20% or so. He's not too extreme on some things (like no taxes or social programs) as the Libertarian platform is. He even got heckled at their convention when he called for lower taxes instead of no taxes. He's for LGBT rights, abortion, and anti-discrimination protection. He gets crap from Libertarians for that one. He says Christians bakers need to bake gay wedding cakes and Jewish bakers need to bake cakes for neo-Nazi groups. Not very Libertarian, but he wants equality for all groups. 

On the issues, he's a nearly perfect independent. He doesn't call for these radical changes. He wants people to have access to their rights while cutting government waste. 

He just needs to get on stage. You're 100% correct on that. If polls keep including him and he's getting 10%, there's no reason not to let him on.

Libertarian lite is probably best for a start (and maybe forever).  People hear that I'm a Libertarian and start assuming I want their children to carry assault rifles and do coke off a hooker's ass. Gary Johnson also has that classic politician look, so if that superficial crap gets a guy I like popular enough for change things, I'm all for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Libertarian Party ticket: two former GOP two-term Governors... - Nately120 - 05-31-2016, 02:19 PM