Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery
. But I just can't, for the life of me, understand why we haven't been all over this, and why we are only reacting now. I realize there has probably been a lot more going on than we would know about, but an extra month here would have made a big difference for one of our truly outstanding players.

They were “all over it” from the beginning, not just as a team but Eifert’s camp.

I'm just annoyed they are calling a 3-4 moth recovery a minimal surgery (that is a broken bone which shouldn't have taken 4 months to figure out was broken)

Not a broken bone.

There is a significant difference between the treatment and recovery between a grade I and grade III ankle sprain because there is a significant difference in the severity of the injury. However, if he suffered a grade III ankle sprain and the Bengals reported he tore a ligament in his ankle, instead of a ankle sprain, the media and fans would have a better understanding and more realistic expectations.

Ding.

As a reporter, you could ask Dennard if the shoulder was separated or dislocated or ask him to look at his medical chart.

→ Bfine32

I did ask him. He told me a separation. Not sure what else there is to say there.

The doctor said the typical approach would be to allow it to heal naturally (as was done), but if it was determined that it had not responded as desired at this point there are only two options.

Ding. Again.

Re: sounding the alarm and for sure missing games

Yes, that’s the alarm. But it hasn't rang yet. Nothing has changed since my initial report that they’re anticipating a three-month recovery window. He could play week 1. He could just as easily suit up for the first time week 4. We won’t know, really, until he’s cleared to practice. Sucks, I know, but at this point there’s no reason to speculate on a return until then.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery - jowczarski - 06-01-2016, 12:37 AM