Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Article From Current Player on Drug Use
People who get addicted to medications aren't generally addicted to marijuana at least not in the same ball park as opiates. Marijuana is more of a mental addiction unlike opiates that will make you violently sick from withdraw and I have a hunch that sooner or later they wont be locking people away for possession of either. A simple truth is the government could care less about your overall health, but does care about how much money you can generate for the economy. The drug wars have been a huge drain on national treasure. They finally began figuring that out when they realized that it cost billions a year to keep millions locked up.
The pharmaceutical industry really can't compete with the giant money pits of prisons regardless of who operate them be it the public or for profit prison industries. Neither one provides much use to the public at large other than getting violent people off the street.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good Article From Current Player on Drug Use - grampahol - 06-01-2016, 04:21 PM