Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla
(06-02-2016, 01:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I didn't read all this, and I don't have any kids but I have to say that I'm pretty sure every one of us either managed to do something bad/dangerous/stupid when our parents weren't looking and/or our kids have done the same thing when we weren't looking.

My parents were both super protective and attentive to the point where I was convinced their sole purpose in life was to make sure I never had any fun, BUT I'd be lying if I told you my sister and I never ended up in the emergency room in our lives.

Maybe these parents were totally crap parents and this 4 year old was doomed sooner or later, but again, I've done stupid stuff in my life, I've turned my back for a single second and something I didn't want to happen, happened (nothing overly dangerous, but you know), and I'm sure we can all say the same thing.  It's just way too easy in this situation to assume that stuff like that would NEVER EVER happen to us and then get on our high horses.

I think it just comes down to us really wanting to believe bad things only happen to people who deserve it and/or really go out of their ways to have it happen.  We want to live in a world where that kid deserved to be in that situation because his mom was awful and let it happen.  Maybe that's what happened...I wasn't there.

Completely understand and well put.  I just equate this situation with parents leaving their kids in a car.  Both are dangerous situations. Both are gross negligence imo.  

I sure as hell don't think that kid deserved to be in that situation.  Never should have been in the first place if the mother would have realized she couldn't handle that many children or that combination of children at the same time.  It's a travesty. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla - Vas Deferens - 06-02-2016, 02:10 AM