Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plastic Paradise: The Great Pacific Garbage Patch
I'm not an idea man, but I just want to plug something because this thread is a bit timely. The 8th of June is World Oceans Day. The oceans around the world are very important to us for any number of reasons, and things like the garbage patch in the Pacific (which while the largest, is but one of several garbage patches like this) are extremely harmful to ecosystems that are far more delicate than we would like to believe. And I'm not just saying this because I love to eat seafood.

I get that there is a lot of controversy around environmentalist causes because, well, money. But there are some simple things in life that we can do to help these situations, or at the very least prevent them from getting worse.

"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plastic Paradise: The Great Pacific Garbage Patch - Belsnickel - 06-02-2016, 02:28 PM