Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiliam Jackson III Looking Good in Camp & Eager to Impress
Marvin generally likes to bring rookies in slow, but it sounds like WJIII is impressing people in camp and proving his worth:

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals may have one of the NFL's best cornerback units when the 2016 season begins.

If that ends up being the case, it should involve their first-round selection making a significant impact as a rookie. That's exactly what William Jackson III hopes to do this year while validating the Bengals' decision to spend the 24th overall pick on him.

"I'm just trying to go out there and make a statement, and let them know why they drafted me," Jackson told ESPN's Coley Harvey.

I love his confidence because that's definitely something that a cornerback needs, and Adam Jones is noticing his play and his swagger:

Quote:While the Bengals are already deep at corner, Jackson continues to impress in offseason workouts, and veteran corner Adam Jones continues to be one of his biggest fans.

"He's good," Jones said. "The kid is quick as hell, too. He's just got to work on the little stuff. It'll be my job to help him, me and the coaches. And he can be really good. He's got a chance to be really special."

Having Jones help him when he already has the "it" factor will be huge, and I'm loving our cornerbacks and think that we could have a dominant secondary, one that could definitely shut-down the Steelers.

I kind of hope that with Dre, Dennard, and Jackson looking good, we can let Adam return punts full-time because he'll be a game-changer for us.

There's a bit more in the article, and it's definitely worth the read because it shows that we'll be loaded at the corner position this year ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Wiliam Jackson III Looking Good in Camp & Eager to Impress - BFritz21 - 06-02-2016, 10:02 PM