Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will longevity result in Dalton as best Bengals QB ever?
(06-02-2016, 11:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Here is what you can compare.. wins and losses.. If you look at Daltons winning percentage after 5 season compared to Anderson and Boomer, he is on a pace to have the most wins and greatest winning percentage..  Regardless of the variables you try to throw in , the bottom line is winning, which Dalton is doing very well.  Also I would say you can compare making the playoffs since we take more teams now, well it is very little difference really since there are more teams.   When Anderson played 4 out of 13 his first 3 years, then 4 out of 14, Dalton era is 6 out of 16.  Also Anderson took us to playoff offs 2 out of his first 5 years starting QB.. Dalton also would be 2 out of 5 using your 1970s equation.

Now, i have stated  before I feel Anderson is a HOFer.. but what Dalton has done in his first 5 years puts him in position to have a chance to be spoken with Anderson as best QB.. I already feel Dalton after a couple more solid years will pass Boomer.

Wins and losses just don't do it cause it's a team game. Boomer's career died with Paul Brown and Mikey B started his 90's disaster run at how lowly can one make a professional sports team. But if you want to talk wins and losses, then 0-4 in playoffs is something you can't sidestep. It's not just a bad record, it's tied for worst ever in NFL history.

You more or less have to compare them to their contemporaries and how they fared in their day against other top QBs. In today's playoff format two extra teams make it every year, seeds 5 and 6 wouldn't have counted back with Anderson and Boomer were playing.

Dalton needs to:
1. Win an MVP award. So far he's yet to receive a single vote, but both Anderson and Boomer won it.
2. Go to a SB. If he wants to pass Anderson, the team needs to win it.
3. A passing title wouldn't hurt his cause.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will longevity result in Dalton as best Bengals QB ever? - BengalChris - 06-03-2016, 01:00 AM