Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will longevity result in Dalton as best Bengals QB ever?
(06-03-2016, 02:48 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: All records are team things but on offensive the QB touches the ball pretty much every step and yes QB are judged by their win and loss record.  Funny how you want to bash Dalton for playoff record but seem to give little credit to his great regular season success.

I guess you have your variables for judging QBs and I have mine

as for comparing the Bengals being bad when Boomer QB them.. how bad were the Bengals when Dalton took over ?? sorry that logic does not fly to me, Bengals were horrible when Dalton took over the franchise.. Boomer was the QB when the Bengals started down their terrible demise.. that is a fact regardless who you blame 

As for comparing QBs with contemporaries.. Dalton stands up very well against those that have come into the league in the last 5 years.  Dalton is considered one of the top QBs today, that speaks for itself. 

Anderson is ahead of Dalton.. I give Dalton edge over Boomer at this stage in his career and feel he is on pace to surpass Boomer soon and on the heels of Anderson overall.  

I don't see this at all, if you use wins and losses as you gotta consider the playoffs as the standard bearer as those are against the top teams of the day. And setting a worse ever record eliminates the status right there.

Not sure how anyone could compare 2010 with the start of the 90's and not have the 90's give them a headache. One was a team on the rise while the other was a team going over a cliff.

Why limit the QBs you compare Dalton to those who came in the last 5 years? Too cherry picky. He's yet to challenge for a top 5 spot. Maybe he will this year with Manning retired.

I believe Dalton will overtake Boomer. I hope he overtakes Anderson. But I'm unwilling to grant him that status until he actually earns it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will longevity result in Dalton as best Bengals QB ever? - BengalChris - 06-03-2016, 08:03 AM