Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will longevity result in Dalton as best Bengals QB ever?
(06-03-2016, 05:19 PM)BengalChris Wrote: 1. Yes, but didn't finish out the season, and even if he did he wasn't going to win the MVP award. If our other top guys can do it, then certainly doing it also would go a long ways toward being in that top rung.

2. Wins losses and the SB aren't the same thing. Yes you need wins to get there, but you also need that "extra". And thus far that "extra" has eluded Dalton. I hope he finds it, but who does it serve to pretend like he's there when he hasn't done it?

3. I hadn't considered pass rating and anytime I search for "passing leader" I get yards in the results.

I'm not at all against giving Dalton credit for his accomplishments. I just don't believe it serves anyone to lay on such accolades before the accomplishments have been reached. There's nothing wrong with holding the bar high. In fact, it makes it all that much sweater when the high bar is achieved.

Actually, last season, Andy was doing that "extra".  He was proving that he was capable of putting the offense on his back, and carrying it to victory.  I truly feel that if Andy had not broken his thumb, the Bengals would have went on to win that game, and likely have been in the SB.  Then, we would be arguing if Andy Dalton is the best Bengal QB ever, right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will longevity result in Dalton as best Bengals QB ever? - SunsetBengal - 06-03-2016, 06:30 PM