Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will longevity result in Dalton as best Bengals QB ever?
(06-03-2016, 08:03 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't see this at all, if you use wins and losses as you gotta consider the playoffs as the standard bearer as those are against the top teams of the day. And setting a worse ever record eliminates the status right there.

Not sure how anyone could compare 2010 with the start of the 90's and not have the 90's give them a headache. One was a team on the rise while the other was a team going over a cliff.

Why limit the QBs you compare Dalton to those who came in the last 5 years? Too cherry picky. He's yet to challenge for a top 5 spot. Maybe he will this year with Manning retired.

I believe Dalton will overtake Boomer. I hope he overtakes Anderson. But I'm unwilling to grant him that status until he actually earns it.

Im not cherry picking, I am comparing him with the peers he came in with... but I have no problem putting him with Flacco, Ryan and Romo of the last few years... which is good company.  As you stated QB's today throw a bit more from the 70s.. but as much as I love Anderson, he still was a step below Staubach, Bradshaw, Montana, Foust of his era just as Dalton is behind the greats of his era at this time, but we are only 5 years in.. I feel we need 10 years of Dalton career to really see where Dalton falls against Anderson 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will longevity result in Dalton as best Bengals QB ever? - Essex Johnson - 06-04-2016, 11:39 PM