Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiliam Jackson III Looking Good in Camp & Eager to Impress
(06-05-2016, 10:16 PM)MrRager Wrote: Which is fine. If there is a better option, then play that guy. Marvin seems like he wants to play whomever is the best that Sunday and sometimes it isn't a rookie. If it is a rookie, Marvin starts him, as shown by the numerous players I just mentioned. 

When that many rookies have started over the past 5 or so years people have no basis when saying Marvin is afraid to start rookies. 

I was actually going to try and debate this, but outside of the guys starting out of necessity I can't think of a single rookie who would've been an immediate upgrade over the veterans.

Kirkpatrick played behind Hall, Newman, and Jones who were all playing like they were men half their age. Dennard had the same problem sort of - I always admired Kirkpatrick's hustle, but he also committed a load of penalties and it might not of hurt to have Dennard play over him. Bernard was behind BJGE who, while not a world beater, was more than serviceable. Ced and Jake were behind Whit and Smith.

Looking back the last corners who played as rookies were Hall and Joseph, and they were replacing Ratliff and O'Neal - a bum and a modern Methuselah.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wiliam Jackson III Looking Good in Camp & Eager to Impress - BigPapaKain - 06-05-2016, 10:21 PM