Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pete Prisco ranks NFL starting QBs
(06-06-2016, 02:36 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Wilson has had possibly the best defense of all time around him his career. Lynch was hurt last year, but he still had a good RB. You can't say just because Rawls went undraft he's bad. Burfict went undrafted and he's possibly the best defensive player that we have. The seahawks offensive line isn't that bad, and the reason why it's always ranked so low is because Wilson always tries to extend plays and takes a lot of sacks. He had Graham (who is better than Eifert) who played the majority of the season last year, with Baldwin (who is better than Marvin Jones), and Kearse (who is better than Sanu). Plus he had Tyler Lockett who showed that he can be a big play maker.

The year before Wilson became the starter for the Seahawks Lynch had comparable stats to what he's been doing while Wilson has been the starter. Lynch has benefited from having a QB like Wilson, but not to the extent that you try to act like he's been.

There is zero statistical evidence that the defense plays a role in a QB's performance. That' why I didn't even bother to mention them. Yes, it helps them win games, but doesn't make Wilson appear better than he is. I am not one of those poeple who thinks winning is the be all end all in ranking QBs. In fact, team success can be one of the worst ways to rank QBs.
https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/4251/does-a-quarterback-s-defense-impact-his-performance#

This was the first link I could find real quick, but there was a similar PFF and FO post I've read. 

Rawls was good, and I think he is a good player, but Wilson helps make him look even better. Look at how well Lynch played before he played with Wilson. He wasn't great in Buffalo. Either way I thought we were just talking about 2015. 

The line is bad. I even mentioned in my previous post that sites rank them bad when they account for how long a QB holds the ball. PFF attributes sacks/pressures to QBs if they think it was his fault for holding onto the ball for too long and they still rated the line #30 in the league. 

He only had Graham for 10 games and actually performed better with him out. You always talked about how Dalton never had any weapons around him, but now you going to argue that Wilson has had a solid supporting cast of receivers? That's crazy. Sure a few of their players were better than our 3rd and 5th options on the team, but you're comparing their best option to our third. Of course Baldwin is better than Jones. I would have been very curious to see what you thought of Baldwin and Kearse before this year. That is a below average starting WR duo no matter how you slice it. 

I said I was done after the first post, but for some reason kept responding. I'm done. Wilson is a top 7ish QB in the NFL, had a top 3 season last year, and will most likely continue to be great no matter what happens around him. You can continue to ignore and place all of his success on people around him instead of appreciating the young, exciting career of a player on the path to the HOF.  
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pete Prisco ranks NFL starting QBs - MrRager - 06-06-2016, 03:55 AM