Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pete Prisco ranks NFL starting QBs
(06-06-2016, 05:18 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: lol if you don't think that defense helps a QB then you have a lot to learn. A good defense can put you in good field position to score more points. A good defense will allow your offense to open more of the playbook. A good defense allows your offense to be on the field longer wearing down the opponents defense. It's very telling that you don't think that defenses don't help or hurt QBs.

The year before Wilson joined the Seahawks Lynch's numbers were 1200 yards and 12 TDs, and under Wilson he averaged 180 more yards a season and the same amount of TDs. Like I said, he helped Lynch, but he didn't help him as much as you try to claim.

Dalton hasn't had very good weapons throughout his career. The only year that you could say he had above average weapons was in 2013, and he had good weapons in 2015. Wilson has had one of the best running games in the league throughout his career, which opens up the pass game tremendously, but you keep trying to ignore that, or maybe you just didn't know that. He has still had solid receivers on top of that too. Maybe no dominant #1 receiver, but a good running game easily makes up for that.

It seems that a lot of your assumptions are based on lack of knowledge of the game.
Oh, I do think it does help, but without any evidence to back it up, I don't think it helps as much as you do. It won't make an average QB have the best start to a career the NFL has ever seen. It won't make some scrub have the best passer rating in the NFL. Wilson still makes all the throws. 

The Seahawks running game is based around Wilson. He is a major reason why the running game is so good. Teams do not stack the box against him as he is a major threat to burn them deep with one of the best arms in the NFL, and teams like to keep a spy on him because of his mobility. The read option system they run is also good in keeping defenders at bay, but can only succeed long term when you have a QB who can pass like the best young QB in the NFL from the pocket like Wilson. Statistically, he helps bolster how well the running game has looked by adding the dynamic to his offense I just mentioned above and by simply adding ~650 yards per year to the year end rushing totals. If you take out the yard he adds himself, the Seahawks are a boarderline top 10 rushing team and average in Y/A. So his running attack is far from creating the best young QB in the NFL out of some average player. It just doesn't work like that.  
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pete Prisco ranks NFL starting QBs - MrRager - 06-06-2016, 02:09 PM