Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pete Prisco ranks NFL starting QBs
(06-06-2016, 02:09 PM)MrRager Wrote: Oh, I do think it does help, but without any evidence to back it up, I don't think it helps as much as you do. It won't make an average QB have the best start to a career the NFL has ever seen. It won't make some scrub have the best passer rating in the NFL. Wilson still makes all the throws. 

The Seahawks running game is based around Wilson. He is a major reason why the running game is so good. Teams do not stack the box against him as he is a major threat to burn them deep with one of the best arms in the NFL, and teams like to keep a spy on him because of his mobility. The read option system they run is also good in keeping defenders at bay, but can only succeed long term when you have a QB who can pass like the best young QB in the NFL from the pocket like Wilson. Statistically, he helps bolster how well the running game has looked by adding the dynamic to his offense I just mentioned above and by simply adding ~650 yards per year to the year end rushing totals. If you take out the yard he adds himself, the Seahawks are a boarderline top 10 rushing team and average in Y/A. So his running attack is far from creating the best young QB in the NFL out of some average player. It just doesn't work like that.  

You act like Wilson has lead a potent offense his whole career. That's just simply not true. He's had mediocre #s through his career. The only time he's had good stats is last year. Every other year people only could talk about how efficient he was. The article that you linked about defenses even said that defenses help QBs efficiency. If Wilson always had good stats other than stuff for efficiency I would agree with you, but he doesn't (last year was the first year he's had over 3500 yards and 26 TDs). If Wilson didn't have his last games against cup cake defenses he would have ended up with mediocre stats, since he was 10 TDs and 7 INTs after his 9th game. Arizona (who rested their players) and Minnesota were the only decent defenses they played during that stretch. Wilson is no where close to the QB you try to make him out to be. If he didn't have the defense (which is possibly the best defense of all time) and run game (which has been in the top 3 consistently) around him his whole career he wouldn't even be in the conversation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pete Prisco ranks NFL starting QBs - Brownshoe - 06-06-2016, 06:45 PM