Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone?
I agree with Wes/Toast that losing Hue could hurt and that Zampese wasn't the most inspiring hire. That said, my gut tells me that Andy will have even more input with the offense now. Zampese has never been an OC, so I'm sure Andy will have heavy input and they'll probably shape the playbook around Andy's strengths and routes he prefers, etc.

As for whether we'll see '14 Dalton or the '15 version, like OP said, I think it'll be somewhere in between. Maybe he won't light it up quite as much this season, but I just think Dalton looked much more confident last season and his mechanics were much improved. He almost always set his feet...even when rolling away from pressure. He showed more zip on intermediate/deep throws. The throw that impressed me most came against KC when he rolled away from pressure and flicked a 50 yarder on a rope while still running. It was a thing of beauty.

Fwiw, I think people exaggerate how bad 2014 was. Sure, an 83.5 rating is far from impressive, but there are a lot of good QBs who have had comparable or worse seasons. That said, I do believe Dalton took a step last year and that a repeat of 2014 isn't likely.

I also believe our weapons right now are far better than 2014. AJ Green is healthy (knock on wood) and we have guys like LaFell, Boyd and Tyler Kroft. All good prospects. It's not likely that we'll see a guy like Greg Little on the field this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone? - Shake n Blake - 06-06-2016, 10:37 PM