Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(06-07-2016, 10:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am as liberal as anyone here, but I don't think trans females should be allowed to compete in sports against genetic females.

I support the rights of transgender people to live as the sex they identify, but allowing trans females to compete in sports against genetic females just is not fair.

Gender may be a "social construct", but the physical advantage trans females have over genetic females is not.

Most often the rules indicate that there must be certain hormone levels in order for a trans person to compete against others of their gender. The reason for this is because with those hormone levels you are evening that playing field out. The hormone therapy that a trans person goes through changes their voice, their muscles, their whole body. There will still be a difference, sure, but it's not like it is being made out to be by those staunchly opposed to this. The evidence for that is in the story, where there were a number of young women that outperformed this young woman in the story.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alaskan boy wins the the girls state championship - Belsnickel - 06-07-2016, 10:32 AM