Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone?
(06-07-2016, 12:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, nothing can be proven now but your scenario requires Lafell to not be injured/ineffective last year, Eifert to not be injured this year (which he currently is, and tends to be during the season, regardless), and for our rookie WRs to contribute in a way that our rookie WRs haven't done outside of a top 4 pick.  Take into account that you used the fact that Hue couldn't immediately get an OC job (after being fired from Oakland) as a knock against him, yet don't seem to hold the fact that Zampese couldn't get an OC job in nearly 20 years in the NFL against him.

Again, the Bengals are a good team with a good QB and everything might be hunkydory (or however that is spelled), I just happen to think the optimism going into this year is requiring a whole lot of convolution and hoping.  2015 was a great season and it seems like we got there based upon consistency and getting pieces back and getting more familiar with our system, but maybe shaking things up will work out for the best. 

It's hard for rookie WRs to make an impact if they're drafted late. The last 3 WRs that we drafted in the 1st or 2nd round are (other than this year)... Green, Simpson, Chad. Two out of the 3 were great players, so I'm going with the odds that Boyd will be at least better than Sanu. He doesn't even have to be great to be better than Sanu either.

While Eifert is injured right now the worst case scenario is him missing the first couple games. It's not like he's going to be out all season. Plus LaFell isn't going to be starting the season hurt, so why wouldn't you expect him to get his ~700ish 5-6 TDs a season?

Zampese should know exactly what Daltons strengths and weaknesses are since he's been with him Dalton's whole career. Plus I think he will let Dalton do what Hue let him do all last year, and that's audible constantly. I don't think there will be a big difference in play calling since Dalton was such a big influence in the play calling last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone? - Brownshoe - 06-07-2016, 12:21 PM