Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone?
I always see people relying on the experts when it has come to bashing Andy. If there were articles that supported beating Andy down, they were always quoted and used as support of why Andy just isn't good. People like to ignore the fact that Andy was missing so many pieces in 2014, until it's time to make another playoff loss excuse. At least 2015 happened and people have finally started to back off of Dalton. He's been better than he's been given credit for since being here. I believe he has turned the corner and 2016 will be another great year for him.

Why the all the mention of experts? Many experts including former QBs have always pointed to year 5 being the breakout year for QBs. Obviously some do it sooner, some do it later, and for some it never happens at all. Year 5 has always been the all important season for QBs. Unfortunately, we live in an instant gratification society. Dalton's breakout year should have been no surprise to all of the fans who let experts decide their opinions. For recent example, year 5 Flacco had his playoff run and Matt Ryan finally won a playoff game. I have no idea why no one thought or was willing to give Dalton until year 5 considering that's what the timeline tends to be. Dalton has been a solid QB his entire career and made the leap in year 5 like most experts expect QBs to. Now that he has the experience and the game has "slowed down" for him, I fully expect Dalton to be at least a top 10 QB moving forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone? - muskiesfan - 06-07-2016, 03:04 PM