Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone?
(06-07-2016, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how you call anything positive to be "convolution and hoping", yet treat your claim that Eifert and Lafell will both miss the season with injury as proven "facts".

Eifert missed 3 games with injury last year, but for some reason if we don't all assume he will be injured much worse this year we are all guilty of "convolution".

Lafell was injured last year and Eifert is injured every year, as well as right flippin' now.  I'm not sure what part of those statements aren't fact.  I'm not betting my left nut that either or both will miss any games this year, but saying 2015 Lafell was a clear upgrade over 2015 Jones doesn't make sense to me.  

The convolution comes into play when people start explaining how our offense was top-tier in 2015 BUT now that we've replaced our OC with a QB coach and our #2 and #3 WRs with a FA that hauled in a grand total of 0 TDs (which totally wasn't his fault because _____) and a stable of guys who haven't played a snap yet.  Also, Eifert is hurt, but he's totally NOT hurt, and he won't miss time, and even if he does miss time we have some other TE that is going to be fine even though we spent the past calendar year pleasuring ourselves to the glory that is Eifert.

Oh, and Dalton will be fine because Zampese is going to keep the same system, but it's ok that Lafell and Boyd/Core/Binns don't know this system because _______!

Ehh, don't mind me...I've just been in "Ye gods, what next?!" mode since 2015 convinced me Hue might know his head from a hole in the ground just in time for him to leave, coupled with the parade of bad news about Eifert's "totally not a big deal" sprain. Eifert is great, but I'm burned already because I would steel my heart for his mid to late season injury, but now he's starting the season injured, too? EeP!

Who knows, the Steelers offense was really good last year and they're missing their WR and TE so maybe we should brace ourselves for them getting better too? Lord, I bet if they replaced Todd Haley with Randy Fichtner we'd quaking in our boots!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone? - Nately120 - 06-07-2016, 06:09 PM