Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone?
(06-07-2016, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And Lafell is automatically injured AGAIN this year just because he was injured last year, and he is NOT just one year removed from having a better season than Marvin Jones ever did in his life.

Clearly anyone who does not think we are doomed is just ignoring reality.

You're really going out of your way to make my argument seem more extreme than it is.  All I'm saying is that I'm surprised people are so optimistic about our top-tier offense going through so many changes.  I never said doomed nor I never said Lafell is going to be injured at ALL this year.

Lafell is better than Jones.  Eifert will be fine, and if we don't have him we will be fine anyways.  One of the rookie WR's will step up, Zampese will either be better than Hue or the same.  There, I'm on board.  It seemed like this offense really got it together in 2015, but I guess I don't see why a bunch of changes won't work out for the best.  

I seriously wish we could have replaced Marvin Lewis with someone else so we can get all excited about how much better that will make us too, right?

I do hope Lafell is as good or better than Jones or Sanu (depending on who he has to replace) and I've been one of the people around here who wants us to sign FA's. With that being said, I know NFL teams and GMs make mistakes but Lafell was on the market when multiple teams (including us...right?) were throwing (relatively) big money at Marvin Jones and Lafell was available when the Falcons paid a mint for Sanu (they can have him). The consensus here seems to be that Lafell is as good if not better than Jones, and he's easily better than Sanu, so I guess the Bengals accidentally lucked into making the right choice?

Again, NFL teams can make mistakes, but the fact that we tried to re-sign Marvin Jones for over twice as much as we are paying Lafell makes me wonder if the front office shares the viewpoint that Lafell is clearly as good or better. But who knows, the Lions may have saved us from spending 6-7 million on a WR who isn't any better than a guy we got for 2.5.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone? - Nately120 - 06-07-2016, 08:38 PM