Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(06-08-2016, 01:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We shall see.

Is your stance on males participating in female athletics the same as males utilizing female facilities? Because earlier I thought you said that females should be able to compete against males; but not vice-versa.

I think this is two different topics. I've said before, I have no problem with transgender people using the bathroom they identify with. I do have a problem with sex offenders using the bathroom they want to enter, but that's irrelevant of the issue. And, as I've said before, I'm not in favor of locker rooms being shared. In the bathroom, you have an expectation of privacy. In the locker room you do not.

But mainly it should come down to common sense. If I see a feminine looking guy using the mens room, I'm not going to ask him for his birth certificate. If I see a woman using it (which actually happened several months ago, but not because of orientation, she was just really drunk and in the wrong place), then I probably wouldn't care. If a young girl walks in, I'd probably politely tell her she might not want to be there.

The same should be with sports. If Karl Malone puts on a wig and tries out for the Sacred Heart Valkyries, then I'd call foul (even though that would be pretty funny to watch, like the Globetrotters on steroids). If a kid who has identified as a female since 5, has lived that life and competed her life as a female, then I'd say fair.

(06-08-2016, 01:34 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: In the meantime lets just go ahead and oppress a tiny portion of the population in the name of christ

Some people do bad things in the name of good. I wouldn't say it's fair to paint all Christians with that brush, many (most?) of us don't care.

(06-08-2016, 01:36 PM)Griever Wrote: christians and the right have to oppress someone

they lost the fight with the homosexuals

See above.

(06-08-2016, 01:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There will be a girls division.   But it will be boys playing.   Real girls will slowly be weeded out just like they were when they had to compete against boys before.. 

Less than a percent. Even at larger high schools, you're talking about maybe two-three students out of an entire student body. And maybe one of those plays sports.

Come on, this is silly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship - Benton - 06-08-2016, 02:05 PM