Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Craziest Demands of College Kids in 2016
(06-08-2016, 03:28 PM)treee Wrote: One of the hardest parts about going back to university is that these kids are in an ideological echo chamber, and though that is a good thing in some ways, it leads to some unrealistic and heavy handed expectations when it comes to coexisting with others in everyday life.

It's interesting, in taking classes again myself I haven't encountered this as much. I deal with a number of other ridiculous things the current generation in college does, but I've thankfully not been exposed to much of the truly liberal ideology here, and this is a LA university. I'm betting this is more due to the classes I take than anything else because I'm sure there are some of them sprinkled in certain programs around campus, but we are known for business, nursing, and music, which aren't programs that tend to attract that as much.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Craziest Demands of College Kids in 2016 - Belsnickel - 06-08-2016, 03:46 PM