Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What 13 year old boy wouldn't?
(06-09-2016, 03:20 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: One on one instruction plus when your teacher has a vested interest in your success that is the reciepe for success.   

Those two factors alone make home schooling Better than public education.
 Unless you think it's better to learn in a massive group wth a teacher who isn't vested in your success.   

In your opinion.  Regardless, it doesn't change the fact your initial claim is unsupported by objective data, i.e. bullshit.  If homeschooling is  so obviously advantageous to the child's education then why aren't you yourself taking advantage of homeschooling your children?  You're not vested enough in your child's education?

Unlike you, I'm not claiming homeschooling is superior to public or private schools.  Or vice versa.  I'm just pointing out objective data doesn't support your opinion.  I'm sure there are pros and cons to every system.  It's up to individuals to exercise their free will to make a decision which is right for them.  (How very Libertarian of me.)  All of my daughter's teachers have been genuinely concerned with her success which is an indicator of their level of professionalism.  As a self professed former educator, I find it telling you seem to believe all teachers are in teaching for a paycheck and don't seem to care about their students.  In my experience, I find the exact opposite to be true.  But, then again, my experience is based upon actual experience and not a fantasy which only exists inside my mind played out on an internet message board.

Additionally, you have derailed this thread with your unsupported opinions about homeschooling masqueraded as fact.  Please stay on topic.  If you want to discuss home schooling then make a thread about home schooling.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What 13 year old boy wouldn't? - Beaker - 06-01-2016, 02:51 PM
RE: What 13 year old boy wouldn't? - Au165 - 06-01-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: What 13 year old boy wouldn't? - xxlt - 06-09-2016, 09:05 AM
RE: What 13 year old boy wouldn't? - jason - 06-01-2016, 11:36 PM
RE: What 13 year old boy wouldn't? - Au165 - 06-02-2016, 09:48 AM
RE: What 13 year old boy wouldn't? - Au165 - 06-02-2016, 04:26 PM
RE: What 13 year old boy wouldn't? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-09-2016, 10:52 AM