Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(06-07-2016, 01:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, but that would be why I had the additional commentary. The point of the Breitbart article was an attempt to say that allowing the young trans woman to compete was unfair, the point of the original article was telling the story of the young trans woman competing and doing well and allowing both sides of the argument regarding her competing to have their expressions in the media.

My jab at the thread title was because it was erroneous. The rest of my post was focused on how there was no evidence that the situation was unfair to anyone involved. There is not enough evidence to support any such claim, only the opinions of some competitors and spectators. So my post was actually discussing the topic, as was my follow-up post. But you decided to only focus on the bit about the title.

It doesn't really matter if the person won or not, the point of the matter is that they were in the state championships, thus they had to win some in order to get there.

Now with that said, because they were in the State finals, it was preventing a true genetic Female from getting a chance to be there and a possible sports scholarship via national recognition.

I know a lot of you really get all riled up on this stuff, but gender identity is fluid where as chromosome identity is not. This boy should not be competing against other girls, no matter the hormone level. It is still a physical trait that can't be altered just by putting some chemicals into your body. 

Like it or not, it is an advantage over the greater majority of the girls in sports, only the best girls (as you saw, by him getting to the state championships) will still be able to compete vs a boy, in which case, they would be able to beat most boys in the first place.

If you don't think it's such an advantage, then name a woman that as beat Michael Johnson or Usain Bolt in a competitive run?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship - Mike M (the other one) - 06-09-2016, 06:47 PM