Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hall and Bengals Still Talking Return
(06-10-2016, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I saw every corner in the league get beat.

But no one has yet told me how many times Dre gave up a td or a long completion, and how that compared with other CBs in the league.  Because the Bengals were one of the best defenses in the league in preventing pass tds and long completions.  The Bengals only allowed 18 passing tds while the rest of the league averaged allowing 26.5.  The Bengals only allowed 6 pass completions of 40+yards while the rest of the league allowed an average of 10.5.  It just is not possible for us to have the worst CB in the league playing 98% of our defensive snaps and still rank so high in preventing passing tds and long completions.  If safeties were the main key in preventing passing tds and long completions they would be getting paid a lot more than CBs.  

Bengals pass defense also ranked in the top 5 in yards per attempt allowed and passer rating.  If Dre was consistently getting beat more than 117 other CBs that just would not be possible.

PFF has become a joke. They used to post some meaningful stats, but their "individual ranking system" is deeply flawed.  I have ordered the 2015 NFL almanac from Football Outsiders.  They have much more relevant stats on CBs.  I promise to post their ranking of Dre even if it says he is the worst in the league.

Yeah, we have one of the best Secondarys in the league no question. But Dre was our weakest player last season
in this Secondary and i never said he was the worst in the league. But i watched him get beat by far more than the
rest of the guys.

I do agree on PFF though, i put no stock in what they say.

I would like to hear what the 2015 NFL almanac from Football Outsiders has to say about Dre.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hall and Bengals Still Talking Return - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-10-2016, 02:22 PM